Friday 13 February 2015

Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm in Sultry.


Being a lover of these chubby pencil type lipsticks, I own quite a few from a lot of cosmetics brands.
I would say that 50% of my lipstick collection is made up of these chubby crayon-like lipsticks and quite a few are from Revlon.

I already have quite a few shades from the matte range, lacquer range and the balm stain range, I think I have some sort of addiction!

I came across the shade Sultry in Boots and decided to give it a try. As mentioned in previous posts I am constantly having some kind of affair with red and berry toned lipsticks, so this shade was a bit out of the norm for me.

The shade is a gorgeous rosy brown with hints of berry, that looks to suit all skin tones and an everyday wearable colour.

These matte balms contains shea, coconut and mango butters to moisturise and nourish the lips to stop them drying out and has this wonderful peppermint smell to them, enough to make you think that you were applying a lip balm rather than a lipstick.

The formula upon application is creamy and light and goes on smoothly, and is precise enough to line lips before filling them in completely.
The pigmentation is incredible aswell for being a chubby crayon product.
The crayon itself has a twist up function so there is no need for sharpening.

This goes on the lips as an opaque matte finish which is great, but as always when applying a matte lip product always remember to prep your lips beforehand to ensure there is no dryness or flaking.

In terms of longevity this lipstick lasts really well on the lips - I only needed one top up after around 6-7 hours of wear.


This is a really gorgeous colour for the upcoming Spring months and I can see myself using this a lot to create a natural, pretty look.

There are 10 shades in the Matte Balm range which you can discover here: I already have Shameless, a deep purple that has been compared to MAC's Heroin and Audacious, a bright orangey-pink toned shade, perfect for those hot summer days.

Have you tried Revlon Balm Stains yet?
What is your favourite finish?


2 comments:

  1. Oh I really love these colorburst lip crayons, n this color is darling. love it, another one of my favourite is Demure, such a simple yet gorgeous color it is.
    www.beautydetour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing up Demure for ages! I need it! And I agree this colour is gorgeous, It's a lot different to other shades I wear :)
    Thank you for your comment!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...