Friday 13 February 2015

My Valentine.


This year for Valentines Day I decided not to follow suit and do a Valentines make-up tutorial, instead I am getting a little personal.
I have been with my fiance now for 6 years this year and we don't really celebrate Valentines Day, purely for the fact of why would we need one day in the year to tell each other how much we love each other?

This blog post is dedicated to my Fiance Mark.

Almost 6 years has passed since Mark messaged me on Facebook asking me if I wanted to go for a drink and I thank my lucky stars everyday that I had posted that selfie of me wearing my beloved Human League t-shirt. You see, if it wasn't for Mark's brother commenting on the photo that showed up in his news feed, I don't even think for a second that we would have met.

This man has stuck with me through thick and thin, through the good times and the bad. Through the times where I felt like chucking in the towel and giving up on myself, Mark was there to reassure me and told me not to give in so easily.

If it wasn't for Mark I wouldn't have the confidence and independence I have today. We moved in together after a year of being together, it was my first real step into adulthood - I would be living with a man, paying bills, food shopping, cleaning and cooking for each other! I was really excited.

So the years have gone on and we have grown together. We know what each other needs, wants and feeling.

We trust each other, we make each other laugh to the point where we end up clapping like a seal with no noise coming from our open mouths.

Christmas Eve 2011 me and Mark had been visiting family and delivering presents. We arrived home cheerful and ready to celebrate Christmas together. Little did I know that within that first half hour of us being home, Mark would propose to me.
I was over the moon and over emotional. I tearfully said yes, we called our families and friends to share the wonderful news and then had a little celebration of our own. 
I never thought that I would be someone's fiance, due to past relationships going up the suff quite quickly, it took me a while to get my head around the fact that I was engaged to marry this man.

We have had so many fun and happy times together: holidays, parties, Christmas, New Years, birthdays, days out, days in, nights out and nights in.

What still surprises me to this very day is that Mark is willing to do what he can to make me happy, that became apparent a few years ago when for Christmas he had bought me two tickets to the Harry Potter Studios in London. He drove us there and stayed with me all day while I flapped over props and costumes for the films and books that I had grew up with and adored, that he didn't really get into or enjoy himself. Yet, he made sure I had a good time and I think he secretly enjoyed it himself. But that is the level of our relationship. And obviously its all about compromise.

I'm not going to write on about how much I love him and all that soppy stuff to make you all vomit in your mouths, but this is true love.

Mark has been my absolute rock the last 6 years and as mentioned above, he's stuck with me through everything. He's been there when I've been ill and helped make me feel better.
He's cheered me up when I've been down, comforted me and wiped away tears when I've been upset and been happy for me when I'm happy about something. He shows interest in the things I take interest in.

What I'm trying to say is that Mark is the reason I get up in the morning. 

He is proof that true love is out there for people to find, it may take some time but my god, when you have it, you grasp on as tight as you can and never want to let go.
For those of you who already have your one true love in your lives you will know what I'm talking about.

So Mark, All I want to say to you is: I love you more than anything in this world, thank you for being my saviour in hard times and my sunshine in good times. Thank you for making me the person I am today. And thank you for wanting to share your life with me. 




 Anyway, enough of the soppy stuff.

Happy Valentines Everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...