Sunday 29 September 2013

Charity Shop finds...


Yes, we all love a good bargain.
Most can be found in your high street shops, such as New Look, Boots, Asda, Primark, but have you ever thought of looking for a even bigger bargain in your local charity shops? 




I didn't until this weekend.

I kept saying to myself "Go and have a look" but I always passed them and carried on to Primark or wherever else the latest fashion would be.
So, on my visit to Wednesbury this weekend, I decided to pop into Age UK and Acorns to have a nose about and came across 4 of the biggest bargains I had ever had in my entire life.

I picked up a dress in Age UK that was originally from Moda in Asda, which usually is a little more expensive than say your George or G21 range.


I fell in love with this dress as soon as I saw it, and almost squealed in delight when I saw the price tag. £5.99!!

I became even more excited when I pulled out a skirt off one of the racks that instantly caught my eye:


 I had to get this skirt and again quietly squeaked to myself when the price tag read £3.99!
I looked at the label and was overjoyed to find out that this was from Debenhams originally, now, I've never shopped in Debenhams in my entire life, but I know that the clothes in there can be quite expensive.
I think this skirt is absolutely perfect for the Autumn, because right now I can wear it bare legged, with a nice top and I know that when it gets a little chillier I can put some tights on and a cute jumper on to go with it.

I wore this skirt today, here are some photos of me wearing it:


 Its quite long which I love about it, I don't have to show the tops of my legs off, its high waisted and somehow feels like a 50s skirt as its quite big and poofy at the bottom, plus my Dad said I looked all 1950s today :) Thanks Dad!

So I went and took my clothes to the counter in Age UK and noticed a little basket on the side with some costume jewellery in it and was drawn to a chunky green bead necklace and a matching bracelet, and asked the woman at the till how much they were and was pleasantly surprised to find out they were 99p for both of them, so I asked her to pop them in my bag and left Age UK feeling amazing that I had just picked up a huge bargain.

Total Spent: £10.89

I next ventured into Acorns, and I pottered around for a while, I looked up on the wall at some shelves and saw the most beautiful pair of black ankle boots, they kinda looked a bit like cowboy boots!
Just out of curiosity I picked them up while on the phone to my other half and turned them over to check the size.
I had to hang up on my fiancée as I was stunned to find out that not only were they my size (An 8, I know I have massive feet) but they were £1.99.
That's right. £1.99 for a pair of ankle boots that are mostly made of real leather.



How gorgeous are these?! 

I had to nip outside for some air as again, I was getting way too excited to stay in there and I knew that if I had stayed in there any longer I would've left with an empty purse.

So for a dress, a skirt, necklace & bracelet and a pair of boots yesterday I spent a grand total of:
£11.97

I left these shops feeling amazed at how little I had spent on some new stuff, because I can hit the £50 limit in no time at Primark or Asda or New Look, and sometimes you don't get a lot for £50.
Plus, it made me feel wonderful that my money will go to a good cause and that's important to me as well.
I mean, I will still pop into those high street shops for a new pair of jeans or if I have seen a dress I like, but believe me, I will be going into the charity shops afterwards incase I do see something better.

I do urge you all to try a charity shop at some point, because you never know what you might find, its like finding gold in there.

Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed finding these bargains, hopefully you won't become the huge excited, sweaty, red-faced wreck that I was.




2 comments:

  1. People give designer items to charity shops without realising there worth I picked a Dior clutch bag a few years back for £2 bargain xgemx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, really?! That so cool! I'm gonna keep my eye open for stuff like that, those boots were such a bargain, I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when I picked them up!
      Thanks so much for your comment :)
      Brogan x

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...