Sunday 29 December 2013

My new look for the New Year.

If you know me personally then you will know that I change my appearance all the time.
I'm constantly changing the colour and style of my hair, what clothes I wear and even make-up styles.

So last week, the day of my works Christmas party, I decided to change my hair completely. 
I had already dyed my hair a deep red colour a few days before, and I have a massive love/hate relationship with my hair being red. I love the colour on my hair and I know its the colour that suits me really well, but maintaining is literally a pain in the arse. 
You have to really keep on top of it, find shampoo's that have little to no sulphates in them, blah blah blah... so I usually tend do go back to brown quite a lot, and then go back to red, back to brown...
so I'm usually buying a lot of hair treatments.

Anyway, back to the point of my post.
I went to my hairdressers and asked for a wedge haircut. 
Its shorter one side of my head than the other, a cute little side fringe and lots of choppy layers to mess up.
I was delighted with the results!

After I had my hair done I thought I would pamper and treat myself to French manicure acrylic nails, which I had never had done before and was amazed at the results, very natural looking.
And I had HD eyebrows done.
 Waxed, plucked and filled in with semi permanent powder.

So I got back home and started getting myself ready for my Christmas party, which was being held at the ICC in Birmingham and the theme was Masquerade Ball, I was really excited for it.
So here is my finished look for the evening:


Dress: Primark £10
Earrings: Asda £5
Bracelets: Primark £1 each
Shoes (not pictured): Evans £25


Make-up.
Face: Benefit Pore-fessional primer £24.50
Maxfactor Whipped Creme Foundation in Natural £9.99
Revlon PhotoReady Cream blush in Pinched £7.99
Benefit High Beam £19.50

Eyes: Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen £6.99
Avon Luxe Eyeshadow in Nude £10
Benefit They're Real Mascara £19.50
Benefit Eye Bright £15

Lips: Revlon ColorStay Lip liner in Plum £6.29
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Brilliant Bordeaux £8.99 

I hope I did okay on my first outfit and make up 'explanation' blog?
I do really like this look for myself, I feel more grown up and little more sophisticated :-) 
I had a great time at my works Christmas party, plenty of drinking and dancing! 

What do you think of my new look?
Do you change your look often, and if so how much?
Leave a comment in the box below :-) 



3 comments:

  1. Looks really pretty! Happy new year :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new look; really suits you :-) We don't tend to change our look too much, you've inspired us to get more creative. Hope 2014 is treating you well :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks so much for this lovely comment! I've had my hair cut even shorter now, I can certainly feel the cold on my neck haha! Can't wait to see your new looks! And yes, 2014 is proving to be a busy but awesome year so far, how about yourselves? x

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...