Sunday 29 December 2013

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Funk.

Now, we all know I am a huge fan of MUA which is available at all Superdrug stores.
Just recently they have bought out their own Luxe range, which include Velvet Lip Lacquers.
First time I heard about these I was over the moon! I'm a huge fan of 'liquid lipsticks' that give a velvet/matte finish, that lasts.

So last week when I was finishing the last part of my Christmas shopping off, I nipped into Superdrug to pick one up.
The colour I was going for was their Reckless shade, which is a deep red colour, which I thought would be perfect for the festive season.
But unfortunately that colour was not available so I went for something completely different and opted for their 'Funk' shade.




 The packaging is very impressive, it comes in a frosted glass type tube with a matte black lid, which gives you the impression that you're buying a more expensive product.
These retail at £3 each which is quite a bargain.


The colour pay off is absolutely amazing. Funk is a gorgeous dark pink colour with a purplish hint, which is stunning when applied to lips.


I adore this shade and think I will be wearing it a lot in the next few weeks with the events I have planned.
The lacquer glides on lovely, and is very pigmented. Just a word of warning, make sure you apply carefully especially at the edge of your lips as it can be very messy if you go outside the lip line and try to wipe it off, as this product does not budge one bit, once applied.

After I had applied this lacquer I waited a while before I pressed my lips together so I could achieve an even finish.

The results were perfect and I had a lovely stand out pink pout:


I am beyond happy with this product, its everything I expected it to be and I love it.
The formula doesn't dry out my lips but I always make sure that before I apply something as long lasting as this, I exfoliate my lips with a lip scrub (I use Lush's Bubblegum lip scrub) 
And then I apply a conditioning lip balm to soak in and then blot.

When I wore this yesterday, I ate and drank and I took my make up off around 11:30pm and it was as bold on my lips as when I first applied it at midday.
I've read a few reviews where girls have had a problem with removing the lacquer from their lips, but I had no such problem, a few swipes of Boots own cucumber face wipes did the trick for me.

I will eventually buy the rest of the Velvet Lip Lacquer collection, as I'm very keen to try out 'Reckless' and 'Kooky' which is a deep purple colour.

I can find no fault with these lacquers and I can't wait to apply it again, its my new colour crush! 
Massive well done to MUA who again, have created yet another flawless, affordable product.

Have you purchased and tried these Velvet Lip Laquers?
What did you think?
Let me know in the comment box below :-) 



2 comments:

  1. hi Brogan!
    love this color, simply love mua!
    yournewest follower, come say hello, and probably follow;)
    strokesofsunshine.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely!
    Thanks so much for your comment and follow! I really appreciate it! It's a gorgeous colour isn't it? Can't wait to get my hands on the other colours :)
    I will follow you back right now :)
    Brogan xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...