First of all: WOWZA! Last night, I received a comment on my Boots Card Haul blog from a fellow blogger - The Sweetpeax telling me that she had nominated myself AND my blog for a Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award is for blogger who have a smaller following and helps get them noticed, which is great for helping bloggers establish themselves in the huge Blogger Community.
If you have been nominated or would like to nominate someone all you have to do is follow these rules!
1. Link back the blogger who nominated you.
2. Give 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions set by the person who has nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have a small following. (under 200 followers)
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Tell your nominees, on their own blog, that you have nominated them.
Random facts about me!
1. In 2009, I followed Kaiser Chiefs on tour round the UK and Scotland, 10 dates in just under two weeks.
2. I really really hate Two and a Half Men.
3. My natural hair colour is mousey brown. (boring!)
4. My name in Irish means 'Little Shoe' which is ironic because I take a size 8 in shoes.
5. In May this year I was asked to photograph 12 naked men for a charity calendar, which sold out very quickly.
6. I have crushes on older male celebrities, these currently include: Sean Bean, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman and Richie Sambora (lead guitarist of Bon Jovi)
7. I have 7 tattoos.
8. I have my tongue pierced.
9. Me and my fiancée Mark actually met on Facebook.
10. My favourite Ben & Jerry's is Caramel Chew Chew
11. I love mustard on any Sunday dinner I have, and I spread it all over every item on my plate.
The 11 questions Sweetpeax asked me:
What is your hobby/interest? I love photography, so I try and visit as many places as I can to capture the spirit of the place.
Do you have a favourite food? Yes, I absolutely love any kind of pasta dish, especially spaghetti bolognese.
What was your most hated subject at school? Oh my god, maths! I HATED maths, I was so bad at it!
What is your favourite makeup brand? I love Benefit, everything that Benefit has I want!
What is your favourite skincare brand? I'm using Superdrug's own Tea Tree & Peppermint Oil face care range at the moment and it is doing wonders for my skin, so I would say that is my favourite.
What is more important to you? Foundation or mascara? Mascara. Without a doubt, it can really open your eyes and make you look wide awake.
What are you looking forward to the most about Autumn/Winter? Oh, it's my most favourite time of year! Okay, wrapping up in hats, scarves and gloves, my big coat with my fluffy hood, drinking hot chocolate, putting the heating on, cuddling up in bed with my fiancée, crisp mornings, snow, huge oversized jumpers, boots, Birmingham's German Market and of course, Christmas!
What is your favourite Christmas song? Ahhhhh! Definitely Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday. It gets me so excited for Christmas! I love it! And I would listen to it all year round if I wanted to!
What season are you most likely to burn a candle? I would say this time of year, Autumn and Winter, it just makes my living room look and feel so cosy.
If you could only use one nail polish for the rest of your life, what would it be? Most definitely Sinful Colours. I'm having a huge love affair with them at the moment, they're affordable, the colours are gorgeous and the quality is superb.
What do you love about the blogging community? Oh I love that you can pick up tips and tricks, inspiration from other bloggers, I've found out about some amazing products and everyone is so friendly and always willing to have a read of your blog and I love reading their blogs in return.
Bloggers that I would like to nominate:
The 11 questions I would like my nominees to answer:
1. What is your favourite colour and why?
2. What kind of music do you listen to?
3. Do you have a favourite band?
4. What item of makeup to you have to re-purchase the most?
5. If you were stuck on a desert island, what would be your number one product to take with you?
6. How often do you paint your nails?
7. Do you have a favourite drink?
8. What are your makeup/beauty essentials for the Autumn/Winter?
9. What brand of lipstick is your favourite?
10. Do you have a signature perfume?
11. What gave you the idea/inspiration to start blogging?
So there we have my Liebster Award post! Please go and have a look at these blogs I have nominated, they're great, and give them a follow if you like them?