Wednesday 11 September 2013

Aside from the beauty reviews...

Hi guys, 

So other than reviewing/buying/playing with beauty products, my other passion in life is photography.

I'm not excellent at it, so I do consider myself an amateur.

I just love going out to beautiful places and photographing buildings, scenery, views, flowers and people.

So I thought today that I would blog about a beautiful place I visited on Saturday - Shrewsbury.

I usually share my little photography adventures with my best friend Rachel, we have such a great time out and about and taking photo's. 



We try and make our trips a monthly thing, whether its visiting a local place such as the park or jumping on the train and visiting somewhere a bit further.

We had never been to Shrewsbury before, our last few places we have visited have been Ironbridge, Bridgnorth our local park Brunswick Park, Walsall's own Arboretum and Sandwell Valley Park. 

So we were up and out early on Saturday morning, grabbed a breakfast at a cafe in Wolverhampton and then bought our train tickets to Shrewsbury, £8.80 for a return! 

So we jumped on the train, which took around 35 minutes from Wolverhampton.

As soon as we arrived my eyes were everywhere!

Its very much an old fashioned town, cobbled streets, huge old churches, very old Victorian buildings (you know, the black and white beamed buildings) and a bloody castle! I absolutely love castles, they're so old and crammed with fascinating history.

So after a quick nip to the bus station toilets to put some socks on as my converse were rubbing the hell out of my feet, we made the trip up to the castle, up a steep hill, passing a beautiful very well kept garden.



We had a mooch around this beautiful garden, photographing the flowers:




 This bottom photo I am particularly proud of, I love using the macro on my camera to get close up shots of flowers, you capture so much detail!

After spending about half hour browsing all the flowers and snapping away with our camera's I turned around and was faced with Shrewsbury's gorgeous castle. We had spent that much time photographing the flowers, it had slipped my mind that we were at a castle!


There was a wedding happening at this point so we spent a few minutes taking in the beautiful scenery and capturing the castle on our cameras, then we moved on. 
We stumbled across a very steep stairway to the top of the castle to a place called 'Laura's Tower' So up we went.

We finally and breathlessly reached the top and I was blown away. We were so high up and the views were absolutely spectacular! We could literally see for miles, the train station, the River Severn, old buildings, rolling hills, everything. I stood overlooking this beautiful view, just breathing in the fresh air with this stupid grin on my face. I was so relaxed and so grateful to be appreciating such a wonderful view, the weather was perfect, blue skies, fluffy white clouds and the sun beaming down on us.

Here are some of the photos I took while on top of the tower:




 There were some other people coming to the top of the tower as well, some to admire the view, some came with cameras like ourselves, some came to just relax.

I noticed a very loved up couple by the wall, taking in the view and cuddling.

They were so cute together I just had to snap a photo of them together, in another one of my proud photo moments:


Aren't they just the sweetest? 

As we were about to leave three young girls came up to the top with their lunch and sat on the wall, chatting, laughing and enjoying the view. 

So again, I quickly snapped them:


I really love this photo!

After a good 45 minutes on top of the castle we made our way down and back into the town to look at the other beautiful buildings, we came across an absolutely massive church St Mary's.

We were lucky enough to go inside and photograph the inside of the building, which was phenomenal. We were told that the church is an early Norman church and the stained glass windows and the ceilings were gorgeous:



 We spent another good half hour inside this church before moving on to the Quarry Park with the huge bridge that crosses the Severn and the amazing St Chad's which we were told by a passer by that its one of three churches in England that is fully circular. 

So here are the last set of photos:




 So there we have it, after hours of walking, blisters on our feet, shutter finger (if that's a thing?!) and feeling extremely tired, we boarded the train back home to Wolverhampton at 6:30pm and said our goodbyes to the wonderful Shrewsbury. You were brilliant. 



I would like to thank you all for reading and I certainly hoped you enjoyed my photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.

If you're interested in seeing any more of my photos, give me a follow on Instagram @brogiebum

I will give you a follow back.

Thanks! 

Love Always, 



2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely Brogie. Nice to see Rach's pretty face too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, well thanks very much!

    And thank you for taking the time to read it, really appreciate it :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...