Monday 14 July 2014

Maybelline New York Forever Strong Super Stay 7 Day Gel Nail Color.

That title is a mouthful and a half!

A mentioned in previous posts, I have an unhealthy obsession with nail polishes, I haven't counted my growing collection, but I know that I have to drag my bag of varnish along the floor, its too heavy to pick up!

After reading about Maybelline's Gel Nail Colour on Really Ree's wonderful blog, I decided to pick some up and try them out for myself.

They were on offer at Boots, buy one get one half price, and they're not a bad price either - £4.49 for 10ml.

I stood staring at these nail polishes for almost 15 minutes trying to decide which colours I wanted and even turned to a woman shopping next to me to ask which colours I should get, to which she replied: "I couldn't tell you, they're all beautiful"

Finally after a long debate with myself and picking up and putting back colours, I settled with two polishes:


 I actually adore Nude Rose, it's the perfect dusky pink.

These babies are quite possibly the best nail polishes I have ever used.
The brush applicator is wide and flat, giving an even coat on the nail in one stroke. Never before have I had one brush hold so much product.
You can use only one coat of polish if you like, but if you're a fan of more opaque-ness I would recommend two coats, followed by a coat of top coat to really benefit from the polish lasting 7 days.


Here is Nude Rose on my nails, see how beautiful it actually is?!
I got around 5 days wear out of this after applying a top coat, the first three were a Friday, Saturday and Sunday and that included two days of full on housework, scrubbing/dusting/hoovering/mopping and the Sunday was spent with my family, playing with my niece and nephew, picking them up, playing football with my nephew, playing with the dog and the last two days I was back at work, handling machinery so by Tuesday the polish was chipping away at the tips.

I will definitely be purchasing more colours this weekend, I'm keen to try Orange Punch in the Megawatt collection and other colours Boots has to offer.

You can buy Maybelline New York Forever Strong Super Stay 7 Day Gel Nail Color at all Boots & Superdrug stores and here online.

You can also read Really Ree's review on the Megawatt Collection and the Pastels Collection here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...