Wednesday 9 October 2013

My Skincare Routine.

Hello all!
Tonight, I thought I would share with you my skin care routine that keeps my face clear and spot-free (almost!)

I recently purchased Superdrug's own brand of Tea Tree & Peppermint Oil Foaming Face Wash, which is still on offer along with many other tea tree and peppermint oil products, if you remember I reviewed the foaming face wash here on last weekends Saver Saturday.

Tea Tree Oil is a brilliant as it is a natural antibacterial agent known for its antiseptic healing properties and Peppermint Oil is renowned for its therapeutic effect on skin disorders and for its cooling sensation. 


Every morning I wash my face with the foaming face wash, I squeeze 3 pumps of foam into my palm and lather it up.
I apply to my wet face, massaging the product into my face and neck until I feel my face tingling from the peppermint oil and then I rinse my face off.
The feeling I get from the tea tree and peppermint oil is similar to sticking my face in the freezer, that is the only way to describe it, so its very refreshing and really wakes me up!

I pat my face dry and apply 2 pumps of  Aldi's Lacura Multi-Intensive Serum to my entire face and neck and massage in gently, until absorbed.


I don't use any other moisturiser, as this will only make my skin feel greasy.

I then go about my day!

When I come home from work, the first thing I do is clean my face, because with me working in a factory all day, my face does tend to get very dirty and clogged up with the different substances we use such as silicon, spray glue, I tend to get very hot so I sweat a bit which also dirties my face, and I use public transport a lot, which we all know isn't the most hygienic.
So I'm quite keen to literally clean my day off my face!

First thing I do is take a cotton wool pad and apply Superdrug's own Tea Tree & Peppermint Oil Cleanser and Toner:

These are also 2 for £4!

I wipe the cotton wool pad all over my face, neck and behind my ears to get rid of dirt and sweat, I then turn the pad over and repeat until I am certain all traces of dirt are off my face.
I then squeeze a small amount of facial scrub onto my fingers and very gently massage it into my face and neck to deeply cleanse and exfoliate any dry/dead skin off my face. I rinse it all of and again, I pat my face dry.

I again use my Lacura Multi-Intensive Serum to moisturise, which is important after using any kind of facial scrub/exfoliator, so your skin doesn't dry out.

Also, very important to moisturise daily now that the colder months are setting in, you want to keep your face moisturised and soft so the freezing air and blustery, chilly winds don't chap and dry out your face.


Twice a week, I treat my face to a Tea Tree & Peppermint Oil Peel Off Mask, which are 89p a sachet.


These little beauties help to deeply cleanse the face and when peeled off gets rid of any excess dirt and impurities.
I apply the mask all over my face, being careful not to get any around the delicate eye area or lips and then sit back and relax, while I wait for the mask to dry.

Again, the sensation from the peppermint oil is like putting a bag of ice over my face, but its not an unpleasant feeling, just very very refreshing.

I peel the mask off gently and then rinse any excess peel off with warm water and pat dry.

I have been using these tea tree & peppermint oil products for almost two weeks now and I have definitely seen an improvement in how my skin looks and feels.
My face is a lot clearer and I have had very little breakouts or redness. My skin looks brighter as well and feels very soft, so I think I'm onto a winner here and will continue to use these products to keep my face looking and feeling great!

What is your skincare routine? 
What products do you swear by to keep your face looking and feeling wonderful?
Let me know in the comment box below! 

Love Always,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...