Wednesday 9 October 2013

Boots Advantage Card - Mini Haul.

I think most of us beauty addicts own this precious piece of plastic, sometimes I consider it more of a priority over my bank card, when I have lovely points to spend on it!


The Boots Advantage Card, we all know how it works, 4 points for every pound you spend, and when you have built up enough points you can use them to buy anything you want out of the store.
A great way to treat yourself without having to even touch your bank account.

My problem is that whenever I reach a tenner's worth of points I spend it! 
This weekend I found out that I have a massive grand total of £13 on there (JACKPOT!!)

So I popped in and had a look at what I could spend my points on.

I've been on the hunt for a lip brush, for a more precise application of my lipstick.

So I reached the make-up tools section and had a mooch and came across Boots own brand of make-up brushes and picked this up:


This is priced up at £5 and was the cheapest in the section so I popped it in my basket.
Its retractable, so you can push the base of the lip brush stick up and over the brush to protect the brush hairs when replacing the lid, which is very handy!
I used the lip brush on Sunday when applying my lipstick and it looked perfect!
So I'm very happy with this purchase!

Now, I have a very unhealthy obsession with nail polish, I usually buy around 3-4 bottles a week, and I have a huge bag just full of all colours, I would say that I have an addiction!

At the moment I'm buying quite a lot of the Sinful Colours collection that has just hit Boots stores in the UK, I know that they're very popular over in the US, so I was beside myself when I found out they were now on sale in the UK.

I'm building quite a collection, the colours are amazing and at £1.99 a pop, you can't complain!

4 colours immediately caught my eye:

 Amethyst - A beautiful purple
 Unicorn - A lovely pastel lemon 
 Nail Junkie - A very jazzy turquoise glitter
 Pink Glitter - A gorgeous girly pink glitter

I couldn't wait to get home and paint my nails, I used Amethyst this weekend, as purple is my favourite colour and I think this colour suits the Autumn season very well.

Here are the results:


The finish is perfect, the colour is perfect and is very shiny - almost gel like.
I applied two coats and the colour has only started to chip today, so extremely pleased with this polish, good quality for a brilliant price!

So I used all the points on my card and got some great stuff, I think this weekend I'm going to use my neon pink Sinful Colours in 24/7 and paint a coat or two of Pink Glitter over the top.

I guess I'm going to have to raid Boots again soon for more points to spend!

Hope you enjoyed this post!

Do you spend your Boots points once they reach 4 digits or do you save up for a mega treat for yourself?
What was your last points spend?
Let me know in the comments box!

Love Always,


4 comments:

  1. I always keep my points for Xmas spend for myself in the sales! Brilliant bargains in January especially my
    Love for soap and glory! And At the moment every time I spend on baby things I get 10 points per pound which is brill as I have purchased and one regular basis a lot
    Of money on the baby which the. Treats me : ) xx gem xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, that's what I try and do, but I always see something and break at the last minute and spend my points!
    But I do make most of them back in the Xmas 3 for 2 event as I buy people quite a lot of gifts from Boots, because you can't go wrong really can you?
    And YES Soap & Glory shopping happens to me about twice a month, my bathroom shelf is heaving with their products! And someone always buys me the huge gift set they have at Xmas when it goes down in price!

    The points for the baby products is awesome! I think its really great of them to give you 10 points per pound because you can see that 2 ways, you can either use the points for more baby stuff or use the points to treat yourself when you get 5 minutes, and that's always great to give yourself some 'me-time'

    A million thanks for your comment chick!

    Brogan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I have nominated you and your blog for the Liebster Award! To find out more and to nominate others, check out the post on my page and follow the instructions! Have a nice day and keep up the good work :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Oh my gosh thank you very much! I'll get on it right away!
    Thank you so much!

    Brogan xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...