Friday 4 September 2015

MAC Whirl


 I've finally got my hands on one of the most sought after MAC lip pencils ever - Whirl.
Ever since Kylie Jenner burst onto our Instagram feeds and into our lives, we have all been going crazy after her gorgeous nude and 90s lip colours. And Whirl is one of the lip colours she uses to achieve those to-die-for lips.

And only a while ago MAC launched a whole new collection of colours added to their permanent matte lipsticks, including the matching lipstick to Whirl lip pencil.
I'm not gonna lie to you, I kinda lost my shit when I heard that not only the lip pencil I had lusted after for months, the lip pencil that had me checking the MAC website like an estranged ex-girlfriend waiting for that text message, only to be turned away when reading the words 'SOLD OUT' the lip pencil that I craved for so long was back in stock, but there was a matching matte lipstick too?!
Shit = Lost.

 Now, I don't splurge on MAC very often, but the chance to achieve Kylie Jenner lips, that could sell out at any moment? On it like a tramp on chips.

I really do love MAC products, okay, given that I only own about 8 (make that 9 now!) lipsticks, false lash mascara, highlighters, lip pencils and gel eyeliner, I do consider MAC as good quality makeup that I don't mind splurging on every now and again, you gotta treat yourself, right?

So imagine my excitement this morning when I checked my mailbox and sitting there was the lovely bubblewrap black envelope.
As soon as I was back upstairs I ripped the envelope open and swatched my longed after purchase, 'ooohing' with glee.


 It's just the most beautiful matte rosy brown shade, perfect for creating that circa 1995 lip that I loved growing up in the 90s, when I longed to grow up looking like Jennifer Aniston or Courtney Cox.
This makeup look is so in at the moment, which I am over the moon about, because growing up in the 90s was boss. And now the fashion and makeup trends are back in, I'm all over the matte rosy brown lips like you wouldn't believe.

I decided to give this lipliner/lipstick combo a (excuse the pun) whirl today and created my own 90s/Kylie Jenner look:


 Products Used:
Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Primer
Bourjois BB Bronzing Cream
BareMinerals Complexion Rescue in Natural
Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer in Natural
L'Oreal True Match Touche Magique Highlighting Concealer
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar & Glow Palette
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle
I Love Makeup Makeup Geek Palette
Makeup Revolution Eyes Like Angels Palette
Soap & Glory Supercat Carbon Black Felt Liner
Elizabeth Arden Eyeliner in Gunmetal
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
MAC Whirl Lip Pencil
MAC Whirl Matte Lipstick

I love this look and I think I will be wearing this well into the Autumn months ahead.
You can buy MAC Whirl on their website here.

Right I'm off to swap some pogs and listen to Hole.





























4 comments:

  1. This combo is beautiful! Looks lovely on you! Think these two items will be the next on my MAC splurge x
    han // em&han xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! I'm really happy it turned out well, some nudes and browns make me look so washed out! Yessss definitely get them, they're amazing <3 xx

      Delete
  2. I'm dying to get my hands on this! They had it in stock at my local Selfridges so maybe I need to buy it whilst I can as it looks a gorgeous brown nude and I do like the pencil version :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | High-End Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jasmine! I will totally and utterly vouch for you to have this in your possession! I was going to only buy the pencil, but thought 'why not go the whole hog' and got the lippy too :) xx

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...