Tuesday 17 March 2015

Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit


If you have seen my last video here, you will have seen me use the newest product from Barry M - The Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit.
This the first piece of makeup I actually own from Barry M, I usually just go for their lovely nail polishes (Reviews of their new Speed Dry polishes will be up soon) and I had read about this kit a few days before buying it and heard great things about it.
Now, I'm not a contouring pro, I would love to get that perfect sculpted face without looking like I have just smeared mud up the sides of my face.

This product is pretty fool-proof, offering a step by step guide in the lid of the package instead of a mirror for all those who are new to contouring:

Pretty simple, right?

The powders come in this cardboard case, its durable and does the trick, but I can see this getting dirty very quickly, but who cares? It's a sign of a well used product in my eyes.

So lets take a look inside:


You get 3 powders in this kit which are very smooth and buttery to apply, not cakey at all and very pigmented - I was really pleased.

First shade is kinda like a banana coloured highlighter but without the excessive shimmer some highlighters contain. There's a really lovely sheen to this powder, you apply this to where you would apply highlighter, cheekbones, under the eyes, down the nose, cupids bow and chin.

Second shade is a warm toned brown to help bronze where natural light would normally hit your face, so that would be cheeks, forehead and nose. This really warms the face up and gives a bit more definition.

Third shade is a cool toned dark brown which you use to contour to really sculpt and slim the face. So apply this to the hollows of your cheeks and blend up into the temples and along the hair line and then blend down the sides of your nose to give a smaller appearance.

Swatched & Blended:
The shades look quite daunting in their pans - especially the dark brown, but once applied and blended well they are quite subtle on the skin.



You simply cannot go wrong with this kit, my 2 year old niece could probably master this!
I've read that this has been compared to the Anastasia Contour Kit and I consider this a better product than my Daniel Sandler Sculpt & Slim Kit.
I used this kit last Saturday to create a Kylie Jenner-esque face:


Its a great little kit for beginners or for those who just simply want something that will give them a sculpted look without using an array of products.

These bad boys are on sale now at Boots for the mere price tag of £5.49 - a quid off what it would usually be, hardly breaks the bank!

Have you tired the Barry M Chisel Cheek yet? What do you think?
Do you prefer high end contouring powders or low end?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...