Friday 23 January 2015

8 Brands I Want To Try in 2015.

It's time for a written post, it's been quite a while since I sat and wrote a post as I've been getting into filming YouTube videos, But I feel for this post, it should be written.

There are a lot of amazing cosmetic brands out there that I hear so much about and I will try to aim to try this year.

The ones that I have shown the most interest in I have chosen for this post.


1. OCC Lip Tar: I have wanted to try these ever since MUA Karla Powell put them up on her Facebook page. I instantly fell in love with bright colours and the fact they were called 'Lip Tar' which made them sound so exciting. I love my bright lipsticks and I have such a obsession with lippies, I just need these so much! You can buy these in 3 different finishes as far as I am aware: Matte, Stained Gloss and Metallic and I will definitely hunt down the matte shades but the metallics look amazing too.
The mattes even come in blue and yellow!
You can buy these from The Beauty Bay website for £14.00

2. Jeffree Star Liquid Lipsticks: Another lip product I have been lusting after the last few weeks is the Jeffree Star Liquid Lipsticks. Another matte finish product that boasts long wearing lip colour that doesn't bleed, dry your lips out or fades.
My cousin showed me these last week and I actually thought they were the new releases from Anastasia, but they're not.
These are really hard to come across at the moment and the only place I can find them at a suitable price is the Cocktail Cosmetics website for £13.00 but only in the shade Prom Night which is a very vibrant pink.

3. Lime Crime Velvetines: Okay, I know, I know, another matte liquid lipstick but I just can't get enough lippies! No-one has ever said there is such a thing as too many lipsticks!
So I've wanted to try Lime Crime's Velvetines Liquid Lipsticks for so long and I have come across some dupes along the way, but I long for my very own Lime Crime Velvetine.
There are so many to-die-for shades available to buy and I would love to own Suedeberry and Utopia and I am leaning towards Black Velvet too. I have found all three of these available here in the UK on Love Makeup's website, reasonably priced at £13.50 each. I would love to have the other shades but you are looking at paying £25+ at places such as Ebay or Amazon.

4. Bobbi Brown: I have heard so much about this brand via different Beauty Bloggers and its just made me want to try the brand even more. I don't think there is a particular product I would like to try, I think I would love to own a complete set of Bobbi Brown make up, like foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eyeshadow, blush and lipstick which I have found on their UK website but a little pricey, I think it would take a while to build up a collection from them.

5. Laura Mercier: There is only one product I have heard so much about that I want to try and that is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. 
I love foundations that give you a healthy glow and don't look too much like I'm covering up and this is exactly what this foundation boasts, so I'm all ears.
You can find Laura Mercier in Selfridges and House of Fraser with the price tag of £34.00, but if its such a godsend product it should be worth the money.

6. BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick: I have the Kissing Booth Marvelous Moxie lip glosses thanks to the fiance, great Christmas present! But I really want to try the lipsticks too! These lipsticks boast creamy, super saturated, ultra-pigmented colour that glides onto the lips like butter for full coverage in a rich satin finish. They sound like little bullets of heaven and with a price tag of £16, I can see myself getting these sooner than I thought. You can buy BareMinerals in Boots, House of Fraser or on their website.

7. Tarte: I have been longing to try this brand out for about a year now after seeing their Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush on EssieButton's YouTube Channel. I just instantly wanted their products.
I want to try their foundation, powder, blusher, lip creams and eyeshadow palettes. The only place I am aware of these beauties being sold is on QVC's website. The products are a little Ch-Ching but look so worth it and I really want to try this brand out this year for definite. 

8. Charlotte Tilbury: The only product I am dying to try from Charlotte Tilbury is the Filmstar Bronze & Glow Face Sculpt and Highlight Palette. 
I've seen Victoria from Inthefrow use this palette in so many of her GRWM and tutorial videos enough to want it for myself. 
I'm fairly new to contouring and would love to get my hands on this to learn how to contour and highlight properly. You can buy this on the Charlotte Tilbury website but for the HUGE price of £49.00! I think I will need to justify buying this before I actually do, but its so pretty! Maybe one day, it will be mine, oh yes... it will be mine...

So there are the 8 brands I want to try this year and hopefully I will get the chance to. I'm all for drugstore and dupe products, but sometimes you want a little bit of luxury in you makeup bag!

I hope you enjoyed this post, as I really enjoyed writing again!

See you next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...