Wednesday 4 June 2014

My Beauty Icon: Drew Barrymore.

Drew Barrymore.
What a woman! I simply adore her, I've been a huge fan of hers for years, she's completely stunning and a massive beauty icon of mine.

 Over the years I have always been keen to see what make-up looks she pulls off and every time is a winner.

If you don't know who she is or anything about her, here's a little information:

Drew Blythe Barrymore, born on 22nd of February 1975.
Actress, her major movie breakthrough was in E.T. and she went on to star in popular movies such as: The Wedding Singer, Never Been Kissed, Charlie's Angels, Donnie Darko, 50 First Dates (One that ALWAYS make me blub like a baby) and Whip It.
She also produced quite a few films on that list and many more.

She was a Guess Jeans girl in the 90s and went through a rebellious stage (which I loved!)
She was married to comedian Tom Green for a year and is now married to Will Kopelman, an art consultant who she has 2 children with.

Drew is now one of the faces for CoverGirl and owns her own make-up range called Flower Beauty.

I have always admired this woman, and I will always remember her talking about how much she loves her body, after she underwent a breast reduction operation: 
"I really love my body and the way it is right now. There's something very awkward about women and their breasts because men look at them so much. When they're huge, you become very self-conscious. Your back hurts. You find that whatever you wear, you look heavy in. It's uncomfortable. I've learned something, though, about breasts through my years of pondering and pontificating, and that is: Men love them, and I love that."

I've loved her make-up style from the 90s until this very day. She just oozes sexy and looks amazing whatever she wears.

90s Drew:

 Short, cropped hair, smokey eyes and deep red lips.

In her Guess Jeans era, she was cute but seductive.
 Her make-up was perfect and is still a classic look today.

2000s Drew:

 Even now, Drew still looks gorgeous, toning down the gothic kinda look from the 90s, mainly rocking a neutral face or statement lips and bare eyes.
In my books, this woman can do no wrong!

I loved how she looked while she was pregnant too, she was radiant as well as beautiful:


You can really see why I adore this woman so much, she's beautiful. sexy, sophisticated and looks great whatever look or style she goes for.

I'm waiting impatiently patiently for her Flower Beauty make-up range to come to the UK and as soon as it does they can have all my money!
It's currently only available in the US and is sold at Walmart stores. (big fat bummer!)


For all US Beauty Bloggers reading this (and if you UK beauty bloggers want to have a look at Drew's cosmetics range) you can find Flower Beauty here.

I hope you enjoyed this post!

Do you have a beauty icon?
What do you think of Drew Barrymore's style and make-up?


Please note: All images were sourced from Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...