Friday 30 May 2014

Top 5 Summer Lippies!

With summer approaching, I always find myself reaching for the bright colours on my eyes and lips.
This summer season, I thought I would branch out with my lip colours, seen as the only two shades I wear are nude or a 50s red which I've been having a love affair with for the last god knows how many years!

So, the last month or so I have been buying different colours and experimenting with them and I have come up with my top 5 lipsticks for the summer.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick in 05 Ole Flamingo!


 First of all, I loooove the packaging. 
And the doe-foot applicator is amazing for applying the product to the lips.

Ole Flamingo! is a gorgeous bold fuchsia colour, which applied once is a soft fuchsia but you can build the boldness up with a few more coats.
And you don't have to worry about stickiness when building the colour up, this liquid lipstick glides on beautifully! I use about 3-4 coats of this to really make the colour pop.
The product dries completely matte and once it has dried there is no budging.
I use make up wipes and then micellar water to take my make up off and the last few times I have wore this shade I have used up to 3 cotton wool pads soaked in micellar water to get it off my lips, so the staying power is excellent.
I didn't find it drying on the lips and my lips looked smooth all day.

Here is the swatch of the lipstick and how it looks on my lips (Huge apology for the quality of the photos of my lips, my camera batteries have run out and I have been too lazy to recharge them!)
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks retail at £8.99 at Boots, you can buy here.



 Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 245 Audacious.


 This is a colour I have been dying to try out for some time and I just haven't had the guts.
But one day in Boots I just decided to pick it up and try it.
I love big chunky lip crayons and have quite a few in my make up bag.

Audacious is a creamy coral/orange colour, which at first I was quite worried about how it would look on my lips, but once I applied it, it was a different story.
This glides onto your lips effortlessly and leave your lips looking velvety.

The colour pay off is wonderful and I will say that this lipstick sometimes shows up dry areas on the lips, but that can be remedied by using a lip scrub beforehand.
In terms of longevity, it does last a while, but I love the kind of lipstick wear you can take a drink or kiss someone without it showing on them, and this does leave marks on anything your lips touch.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms are available at Boots for £7.99, you can buy here.


MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Reckless.
As mentioned in previous posts, I had been looking high and low in all Superdrug stores for this shade in the Luxe range for months and I finally got my hands on one! (Woop)

And it was definitely worth the wait, I was overjoyed at the colour of this lipstick!
Just lately I have been watching a lot of Mad Men, which is set in the 60s. The women in the show all wear the classic red lip with mascara and I had been searching for the perfect 60s red lipstick, and Reckless is just that.

I reviewed 'Funk' over Christmas last year, if you want to read the review click here.
So saving me another few paragraphs on describing the packaging, colour pay off and longevity of the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers, I am just going to say this: I'm totally head over heels in love with this lipstick.

You can buy MUA's Lip Lacquers in Superdrug stores or on their website here.


Avon Perfect Kiss Lipstick in Fuchsia Flirt.
I usually order from the Avon quite a lot and saw these lipsticks and thought 'why not?'

These lipsticks boast full-coverage with natural oils and triple action smoothing complexes that give you smooth kissable lips.
I decided to go with the shade 'Fuchsia Flirt' and go with something different for the summer.

This lipstick glides on lovely, and true to Avon's word they do leave the lips feeling smooth and moisturised, but the staying power isn't too good, I found myself re-applying this lipstick after around 3 hours after putting it on.

But that doesn't rule out the fact that my lips were lovely and moisturised and made my lips look full.

You can purchase this lipstick here for £8.50


Avon Ultra Colour Lip Brilliance Lipstick in Vermillion.
Another lipstick I purchased in this months Avon order was their Ultra Colour Lip Brilliance Lipstick in Vermillion.

The packaging for the lipstick is adorable, their typical bullet shaped tube in a rose colour.
And I loved the pattern in the lipstick too.
This shade is a burnt orangey/red with a touch of sparkle, which I think is perfect for any sunny day this summer.
The lipsticks are also packed with Vitamin E and Jojoba.

When I applied this for this first time I fell in love, effortless application, and the colour on the lips is to die for.
There is maybe just a little bit too much sparkle for me, but you can easily take that away if you blot.

Colour longevity is a little longer than the Perfect Kiss Lipstick, but that was only after I had eaten and it left a coloured ring around my lips.

My lips felt very moisturised and smooth while wearing this and it was really comfortable to wear.

You can also purchase this lipstick from the Avon website here for £4.00.

What are your favourite colours for the Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...