Thursday 26 September 2013

Desert Island Beauty. What can't you live without?


Hello guys and welcome to another blog post on All Things Bright & Beautiful.

This week's feature I have named Desert Island Beauty, What can't you live without?

I had the idea after someone asked me the other week, if I were stuck on a desert island and I had one item what would it be? And my first answer was my red lipstick! What if Johnny Depp came along to rescue me? I would have to look my best wouldn't I?

For this feature I have asked 5 people who are my friends & family to give me their one beauty product they can't live without. 
I've asked what their all time favourite product is, how much it cost them, how they use it, what it does for them and what marks out of 10 they would their can't-live-without product.

So here are my friends and family's verdict:



Name: Rachel Humpage
Age: 26
Location: Walsall
Occupation: Mother & Photographer

What is your can't-live-without product?

"The one product I can't live without out is Make-Up Academy's Pro Base Conceal & Brighten Kit."



How much did you pay?

"Its £3.50 from Superdrug, which is great for ladies on a budget and good for mum's on the go too!"

How do you use this product?

"I use this product to cover the lack of sleep I have due to being a mother to 2 young children. I use this under my eyes, on blemishes on my face and the highlighter on my cheekbones"

What does this product do for you?

"Its cheap and gives great coverage without leaving my skin greasy, I use this everyday!"

Finally, what marks out of 10 would you give this product?

"I would definitely give this a 10 out of 10 for affordability, quality and coverage"




Name: Hayley Coley
Age: 24
Location: Wednesbury
Occupation: Teacher

What is your can't-live-without product?

"The one product I can't live without is Yves Saint Lauren's Touche Éclat concealer"


How much did you pay?

"£25.00 from Boots, it can be quite expensive"

How do you use this product?

"I use this product under my eyes. I use 4 small dots to cover dark circles and smooth in gently. I also use this to help contour my cheekbones"

What does this product do for you?

"This product works wonders! It helps cover up my dark circles and my tired weekday eyes!"

Finally, what marks out of 10 would you give this product?

"I'd give this a 9 out of 10. Only reason is because of the price for such a small quantity"




Name: Sandra Darby
Age: 49
Location: Wednesbury
Occupation: Machine Operator (And my Mum!!)

What is your can't-live-without product?

"My product is Avon's Clearskin Facial Wash"


How much did you pay?

"This is £3 for a tube from the Avon brouchure"

How do you use this product?

"I smooth this over my face every morning and night and leave it to settle for about a minute and then rinse off with warm water and pat my face dry with a towel"

What does this product do for you?

"It cools my face and gets rid of any dirt and grease on your skin, it makes my face feel fresh and very clean!"

Finally, what marks out of 10 would you give this product?

"I would give this product an 8.5 out of 10"




Name: Katie Cook
Age: 21
Location: Worcester
Occupation: Carer

What is your can't-live-without product?

"My one product I can't live without is Soap & Glory's Archery Brow Tint and Pencil"


How much did you pay?

"£10 from Boots"

How do you use this product?

"This is a double ended product. It has a felt pen style nib to create shape and leave a long lasting tint, which I then go over with the pencil for a natural finish. I use the shade 'Brownie Point' and there is also a lighter shade called 'Love Is Blonde'

What does this product do for you?

"I love this product as it is easy to apply, long lasting and takes up less space in my make-up bag!"

Finally, what marks out of 10 would you give this product?

"I would mark this product an 8 out of 10, as I get through it a bit too quick!"




Name: Sharon Sandland
Age: 33
Location: Wednesbury
Occupation: Secretary at Birmingham Children's Hospital.

What is your can't-live-without product?

"My can't-live-without product has to be Boots No. 7 range Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser"


How much did you pay?

"This cost me £11.50 from Boots"

How do you use this product?

"This is very nice and easy to apply, very light and it gives me a natural finish. it also contains UVA SPF protection 15"

What does this product do for you?

"I have combination skin but this keeps my dry bits very hydrated and once applied it doesn't feel oily or greasy"

Finally, what marks out of 10 would you give this product?

"I would give this a 10 our of 10 mainly for price which I feel is a good mid range price for such a great product!"



So there we have my 5 lovely people giving me their can't-live-without products! 

If any of you guys were stuck on a desert island and you had one beauty product, what would it be? Let me know in the comment box! 

Thanks for reading, hope you all enjoyed this feature! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...