Monday 5 August 2013

My DIY home mani/pedi

So being that I'm ill I decided to give myself a bit of a treat and pamper my hands, fingers, feet and toes.

I'm always painting my nails, maybe 3-4 times a week, I just love using all my different colours and I usually get the whole: "you've got that many nail polishes, when are you going to use them all?" Lecture from my fiancé, so to prove him wrong I've been painting my nails a lot through the week and weekends. 
Also, this gorgeous weather we have been having is prime for flashing bright, bold colours on your fingers and your toes, especially if you're wearing sandals, it's important to make your feet look inviting.

So, I did my usual regime of taking the nail polish off with nail polish remover, cut, filed and buffed my finger and toenails, ready for my DIY mani/pedi.

Now, earlier this year I had a major Lush addiction after visiting a huge Lush store on a Christmas break in Glasgow, it started with a small bottle of Snow Fairy and then led to me spending a LOT of money on boxsets, scrubs, shampoo, treatments, bath bombs and soaps.

One of the little gems I picked up earlier this year, which I used once and has since sat on the bathroom windowsill, was a tub of 'Rub Rub Rub'
I remember the lovely sales assistant selling this to me by asking me to use the scrub on my hands and was astonished at how silky smooth my hands were after using it! And seen as I work in a factory my hands are probe to drying out a lot, especially when handling different materials and substances.

So I finally picked this tub up tonight to use on my hands and feet and was once again taken aback at just how quick my hands and feet softened. 



As you can see, the contents inside are a stunning blue colour. 
Now, there are quite a few uses for this delightful scrub, not only can you use it for your hands and feet, but it makes an excellent body scrub, and brilliant to use before and after you have shaved your legs for silky pins, again, especially in this weather.
Rub Rub Rub can also be used to wash your hair, and I love using sea salt shampoos, I love massaging the salt into my scalp which as we all know promotes a good blood flow to give you shiny, strong hair. And sea salt shampoos also gives great volume to your tresses.

This product smells divine, kind of like a cocktail. The scrub contains jasmine flower infusion, jasmine absolute, mimosa absolute, orange flower absolute and organic lemon juice aswell as lemon oil, so no wonder it's so moisturising! 

On my hands I used it like I was using soap, massaging the grains around my dry hands and then dunking them into warm water to wash the scrub off.

On my feet I massaged it over my whole dry foot, paying extra attention to my heels and then placed my feet in warm water to soak for about 10 minutes.

Whilst my feet were soaking I painted my nails with MUA's 'Fever Red' 

I have a lot of time for these cute polishes, they have a range of gorgeous colours, a lot to suit summer and at £1 a pop who can complain? They go on your nails lovely, even and two coats gives you high colour and high shine. 


I let my nails dry before taking my trotters out of the water and dried them. My feet were so smooth and smelt lovely, so I painted my toenails with the same colour I painted my fingernails. 

I used two different products to moisturise my feet and hands.

For my hands I used this amazing cream I had from one of my favourite websites at the moment www.latestinbeauty.com 

This cream is called 'Steamcream'
Freshly handmade using high-quality, natural ingredients that are fused together by a shot of steam. This unique method makes the cream very lightweight, providing long-lasting hydration for the face. The texture also makes it a perfect nourishing treat for your body and hands too.




It went on my hands like a dream, and didn't leave them greasy, just soft and supple.

For my feet I used a favourite foot cream of mine from a company who were my first cosmetic/beauty love - Soap & Glory.


This foot cream comes out a mint green colour and is wonderful for moisturising every part of your foot.

I slathered it all over my feet and robbed a pair of the fiancé's white cotton trainer socks for overnight foot nourishment.

So a lovely DIY home mani/pedi that didn't cost me a penny, using the stuff I had at home already.
I mean, I know it's not as professional as going to a beauty salon and having a trained beautician do it for you, but I felt a little accomplished having done it all myself and it was very relaxing.

All I need to do now is feel better!


Coming soon to All Things Bright & Beautiful: I give you my tips on how to look great and survive a hen weekend! After my Butlins Minehead experience I give you the low down on how to look great despite nursing a whacking great hangover and very little sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I nominated you for The Liebster Award. Check my blog for nominee details :)

    http://ellestyledaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how have I only just seen this? Thank you so much and I'm so sorry I never got in touch sooner!

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...