Sunday 28 July 2013

V.S: Revlon Lipsticks, which is the best?




So, this blog is my first V.S post.

Sometimes I tend to buy a lot of products from one company which is what I did with Revlon. 
I saw the very fancy advertisement for the Colourstay Ultimate Suede lipstick, you know where the beautiful lady is out and about taking photos, biting her lip in concentration and her lipstick doesn't come off! 

This product also boasts that it gives a suede look to your lips which I'm all for as I love the matte kind of look with lipsticks and stains that last hours, I hate re-applying after an hour of wear.

I always go for deep red colours, for that dramatic pop, so I bought it in the colour 'Couture' 

I was not impressed with this product at all.

I applied it to my lips which gave them a sticky texture, the colour was not a deep red as displayed on the packaging, it was a light red, almost pinkish colour, the texture was not suede and after half an hour I was re-applying.

After putting it into my bag to go as I knew I would be needing it to re-apply, I took it out and the lid had come off in my bag and I had lipstick marks all over my bag, purse and keys!

For £8.99 and the fact that it was Revlon, I was expecting good quality in all aspects of this lipstick.

But not one thing about it is good quality!

Very disappointed with this product and I haven't used it much since purchasing.

I give Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Suede a very disappointing 1 out of 10, the only good thing being, there are a lot of shades to choose from.





Now the second Revlon lipstick - Ulitmate Colourstay Liquid Lipstick, I purchased on Friday after reading a very good review on a friends blog, so I was keen to try it out.

After a few minutes hovering around the section I chose a deep red colour called 'Top Tomato' 

I used this lipstick yesterday hoping for better results than the Ultimate Suede, and boy, I was not disappointed one bit! 

The lipstick went on my lips smooth and was vibrant in colour. 

Within seconds it dried and after running my finger across my lips I was very impressed that not a bit of colour came off my lips.

I went to a barbecue yesterday and a birthday party today, both days I applied this godsend of a lipstick at 11am and it did not budge through burgers, desserts, waterfights, party food, birthday cake, rain and kisses hello and goodbye until I wiped the lipstick off with a wet wipe. It stayed vibrant all through the day.

Only one qualm about this product is that it is very drying on the lips, but I applied a layer of lip balm and it was okay.

Again, this cost me £8.99 and it was money well worth spent.

I give Revlon Ultimate Colourstay Liquid Lipstick a massive 10 out of 10, for colour, texture, staying power, packaging and being well worth the £8.99 I paid for it.


Have you tried these products yet? What are your opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...