Monday 6 May 2013

Benefit They're Real! Mascara

So I decided to give Benefit's They're Real! Mascara a go after months of pondering whether I could justify spending £19.50 on a mascara.

I mean, the most I have ever spent on a mascara was Boots No7 and I got that on offer with a voucher, so it only cost me £8!

And oh my word, was I sorry that I hadn't forked out for this mascara sooner!

So, looking at the packaging, this mascara boasts that:

They're real! is the UK's No.1 best-selling mascara!*

They're real! lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!
- 94% saw dramatic length & volume**
- 90% saw base-to-tip curl**
- 94% saw visible lift* 100% saw long-wearing results**
- 100% saw long wearing results**


*Source: The NPD Group. Value and Unit Line sales of the Total Prestige Mascara Makeup segment for 2012 Jan to Dec
**Results observed in a consumer panel survey


I couldn't wait to get back home and try this mascara out, and the assistant at the benefit counter had convinced me enough that it was the greatest mascara on Earth, and boy, she wasn't wrong.



So, after tearing open the bag my mascara came in, I took it out of the box and "Ooooh"-d at the packaging. Sleek, shiny and classy.

The wand has hard bristles, as opposed to other mascara wands having soft bristles, and the tip of the wand is domed so you can actually get every lash as you apply.

The consistency of the mascara is very wet, but with this product, a little goes a long long way.

To apply, you hold the wand horizontally and wiggle the brush from side to side, from the base of your lashes right to the very tip. This will achieve maximum volume and lift.
Next, you use the domed tip of the wand to separate the lashes and use to curl the lashes at the corner of you eyes.

Now, you can wear one layer for a wide eyed, false lash effect, or you can go for a second, even third coating of this godsend for a more dramatic look.

Here is an example of They're Real! used on my own lashes. My lashes start off dark from the base, but as you reach the tip they are very light:

So there we have a before and after shot of the mascara, I was very impressed.
No fuss, no muss.

Be careful when applying from base to tip, from my experience getting too close to the base of my eyelashes caused me to poke myself in the eye with the bristles! Not a pleasurable experience, I tell you!

So, all in all I will give this product a huge 10 out of 10! Brilliant product, does exactly what it says on the box, and although more pricier than other mascaras, I think this blows the rest out of the water.

Tip: Use They're Real! on the top lashline and use Badgal Lash in Plum on lower lashes for a bright doe-eyed look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...